World Voyager Vacations by CEALS
Many people are reluctant to go on a cruise in the Caribbean because of the fear of Hurricanes. There has never been a loss of life or serious injury reported due to hurricanes on modern cruise ships.
1. Today's cruise ships feature the most technologically advanced weather forecasting systems and equipment available, allowing officers and company officials to forecast weather-related disturbances in advance.
2. Today's cruise ships are completely mobile and able to alter, cancel shorten or extend ship itineraries to keep guests safe in instances of threatening weather.
3. Ships are able to work around port closures caused by severe weather conditions. In the event that ports of embarkation and debarkation are closed, cruise lines can use nearby alternative ports. In these cases, cruise lines coordinate provisioning of the ship as well as transporting guests to and from the original port.
4. Cruise lines notify guests of all itinerary changes right up until the ship's sailing date. Travelers should monitor cruise-line Web sites for itinerary changes prior to finalizing travel arrangements.
5. While cruise companies are in the business of selling vacations, the safety and security of guests and crewmembers is their primary concern. In all circumstances cruise lines take extraordinary efforts to provide a safe and fulfilling vacation experience.
6. While today's cruise guests purchase air transportation in a variety of ways, travelers who buy cruise-line air transportation receive premium protection and service in comparison with travelers who purchase air separately. Cruise-line air departments invariably stand by guests, working on their behalf to make all arrangements, efficiently reschedule flights and route guests to their ship in instances of travel disruptions caused by extraordinary weather.
7. The purchase of travel insurance, always an important element of any cruise vacation, assumes additional significance in instances of severe weather. Airline flight delays, which are covered in policies available from several providers, are most often the critical factor when guests experience problems reaching their ship. Guests can purchase insurance to cover these situations and related expenses.
8. In the rare instance a cruise is cancelled due to weather-related circumstances, cruise lines, on a company-by-company basis, traditionally offer various solutions that extend to guests the opportunity to enjoy a future cruise vacation within a reasonable time period and with the guest's convenience in mind.
World Voyager Vacations
a division of Corporate Events and Leisure Services LLC (CEALS)