Northwest Passage: In the Footsteps of Franklin on Ultramarine
Put down your mobile phone and answer the call of the wild on this adventure across the waters of the Canadian Arctic. Encounter Inuit culture, explore landscapes that bring the drama, spot unique wildlife and holiday like an explorer of old (except, you know, with a sauna and helicopters). From Toronto, fly to the western shores of Greenland and begin your Arctic exploration on board a state-of-the-art expedition vessel. Cross the Davis Strait to remote landing sites on Baffin Island, scouring the skies for migrating birds and the waters for whale pods. Your journey will take you high to the Northwest Passage, sailing through immense fjords, past calving glaciers and to some of the world’s most remote shores. True wilderness has never been closer than during these 17 days in the Arctic.
- Discover highlights of both Greenland and the Canadian Arctic on a polar expedition that focuses on remote natural landscapes, ancient Inuit cultures and unique wildlife sightings.
- See the colourful villages of Greenland’s western shores, framed by natural canals and jagged peaks, stopping in to learn about Inuit and Thule histories.
- Take to the water – and the skies – on a series of included Zodiac cruises and helicopter jaunts, taking you to places otherwise inaccessible to human beings.
- After days spent exploring the Arctic wilderness, chill out (and warm up) in an ultra-modern vessel complete with multiple dining, bar and lounge areas, plus health and wellness facilities.
- Enjoy encounters with the Arctic’s impressive wildlife, including whales, walrus and musk oxen, and appreciate the sweeping vistas of colourful tundra, striking fjords and calving glaciers.
- Adventure and Active
The newest ship in our fleet, Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer.
Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards.
With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...