Cycle New Zealand's West Coast Wilderness Trail
Feel the fresh West Coast wind in your hair (well, in your helmet) as you cycle through some of the South Island’s most spectacular scenery. Discover a region renowned for rugged coastline, fascinating inland, dazzling mountains, incredible beaches and one of New Zealand’s great rides – the incomparable Wilderness Trail. Pedal your way from Hokitika to Greymouth through ancient rainforests, past glacial rivers and around brooding lakes, with plenty of time to soak in magnificent views and spin a yarn with the locals. Four days, two wheels, and one unforgettable adventure.
- Hokitika Glowworm Dell
- Lake Kaniere hiking
- Set out on one of New Zealand’s great rides as you cycle the West Coast Wilderness Trail through the South Island’s untamed natural wilderness.
- The scenery is wild, but the ride is smooth as you follow mostly traffic-free cycle paths and trails with amazing West Coast scenery at every turn.
- When you’re not on two wheels, explore on two feet during hikes at Lake Kaniere at the spectacular Point Elizabeth Lookout, where you can see the ocean stretch to the mountains.
- Experience the famous hospitality of New Zealander’s firsthand on a trail built specifically to cater to cyclists.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.