Cruising Southern Spain and Portugal – with Smithsonian Journeys on Le Champlain
Shore excursion in each port of call + transfers included
In alliance with Smithsonian Journeys.
Set sail aboard Le Champlain on an exceptional 8-day itinerary that will take you along the Spanish and Portuguese coasts, from Barcelona to Lisbon.
Your voyage begins in Barcelona, a city in perpetual movement, where you will fall under the spell of the famous architectural works of Antoni Gaudí, including the UNESCO World Heritage Basílica de la Sagrada Família.
Your ship will then head to Palma de Mallorca in the Balearic Islands. Stop at the Gothic-style Bellver Castle, one of only a handful of circular castles in Europe, or board a vintage train through the orange and olive groves, almond and locust-bean trees, lush villages, and pine-covered mountains that create the island landscape.
Your call in captivating Valencia offers the opportunity to view the city’s architectural wonders, from the UNESCO World Heritage La Lonja de la Seda, a masterpiece of late Gothic architecture originally used for trading silk, to the City of Arts and Sciences, a complex designed by native architect Santiago Calatrava.
You will then head to the rich cultural landscape of Andalusia, where you will discover enchanting Málaga and Cádiz, one of the country’s oldest cities. These calls will allow for visits to the magnificent Alhambra of Grenada and to the superb palace of the Alcázar in Seville, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Your voyage will end in Lisbon, Portugal’s capital. Lisbon boasts two UNESCO World Heritage sites, the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belém Tower. Enjoy strolling through the streets of this city of seven hills, soaking up the local zest for life.
Like the rest of the PONANT EXPLORERS series, Le Champlain successfully manages to subtly combine the desire to explore the remotest regions of the planet with the comfort and privacy of a cosily intimate ship.
To the innovative and environmentally friendly equipment are added elegant design and a unique atmosphere in keeping with the whole PONANT universe. Your dream of a cruise onboard a cosily intimate ship is thus made possible through the combination of an authentically genuine voyage experience together with discreet luxury.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.