Black Sea Odyssey on Le Lyrial
Departing from Istanbul, PONANT brings you an itinerary along the coastlines in the Black Sea, to discover the Turkish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian and Georgian shores. During this 12-day cruise, Le Lyrial will take you to exceptional natural and historic sites.
Your trip will begin with the discovery of the city of Nessebar, in Bulgaria. The architecture of this city established over 3,000 years ago is extremely rich, inherited from the Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman civilisations that succeeded one another here.
You will then head north to Bulgaria with a port of call in Varna. Renowned for its fine sandy beaches, this major city also features an important architectural heritage from the end of the 19th century, such as the Cathedral of the Assumption, built after the cathedral of Saint Petersburg.
Further north, Odessa, the pearl of the Black Sea. This city will win you over with its unique charm resulting from the mix of Slavic and Mediterranean cultures. Don’t miss the chance to visit its palaces, its catacombs, its magnificent opera house, and of course take a detour via the legendary giant stairway immortalised in the film Battleship Potemkin.
Your ship will then head to the East, to discover the lively seaside towns of Sochi, on the « Russian Riviera », at the feet of the Western Caucasus mountains, and Batumi, in Georgia.
Your ship will then make its way to the Turkish coast, where the ports of call will be of great cultural and historical interest. First, Trabzon and Samsun, at the gateway to Anatolia, then, not far from Bartin, the ancient city of Safranbolu, boasting typical Ottoman architecture. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it was a major caravan station between Europe and the East.
Then you will reach Istanbul, a rich historical UNESCO listed site, at the end of a magnificent cruise.
First introduced in 2015 and the fourth ship in the Sisterships series, Le Lyrial is the very embodiment of this new generation of intimately sized cruise ships. Its exterior and interior lines, all sober understatement and refinement, make it a yacht of a rare and innovative kind.
For the interior decoration, we took inspiration from the tones and colours of our destinations and used a palette made up of blues, from the soft, luminous grey-like tones of the polar ice to the vivid notes and turquoises of Mediterranean inlets and coves.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.
|2||Bozcaada||12:00 PM||5:30 PM|
|3||Kusadasi||8:30 AM||11:59 PM|
|4||Bodrum||12:00 PM||11:59 PM|
|5||Symi||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|6||Patmos||7:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|7||Adamas, Milos||8:30 AM||4:45 PM|
|8||Paros||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|9||Hydra||8:00 AM||11:59 PM|
|10||Nafplion||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|